Cloud-based software often known as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), is hosted on the vendor’s servers and accessed through a web browser.
On-premise software is installed locally, on a company’s own computers and servers.
Choosing between SaaS and on-premise accounting software requires a deeper and thorough analysis of your business.
In this post, we will cover 5 key benefits of on-premise accounting software that you may consider when choose a new accounting software for your business.
1) Total Cost of Ownership, avoid subscription costsSince you are only paying for your user licenses once, an on-premise solution can have a lower total cost of ownership than a cloud system as you do not have to pay for recurring monthly/annual subscription costs.
If your organization has available IT resources and infrastructure to install contract management software, an on-site deployment may be the most cost-effective approach for long-term success.
2) You control and manage everything within your companyIf you hosted your accounting software on premise or in-house, you have full control of the system as your IT team maintains control over the application and can have complete access to make adjustments or changes to your system. You decide on the configuration, the upgrades and system changes.
3) Security and backupsIn an on premises environment, companies enjoy complete control over their systems and maintain 100% privacy & data security. If your accounting software is an on-cloud solution, you run the risk of unauthorized personnel accessing it.
Moreover, you may perform backup of your data within your company.
4) CustomizationsOn-premise Accounting software such as AutoCount Accounting is much easier to modify.
The ability to extend the functionalities and customize to company’s specific needs and requirements is paramount for many organizations, especially in niche industries, such as specialized manufacturers with unique processes.
5) You have support, no matter what!Leading software providers, like Credential Daxonet Solution, offer end to end software support whether you choose SaaS or on-premise with support.
Although you have full control of your software in-house, Daxonet is still available to assist with any questions or optimizations your organization may request.
Price (recurring monthly fee or annual support/maintenance cost) is a key factor but it’s not the only one, a matter of fact, you need to consider other factors too:
2) Data security
3) Version upgrade
4) Compatibility with other software such as Windows or Microsoft Office
5) Vendor support & maintenance